Friday, July 15, 2011

Brailee's check up

Oh what a summer it has been. I took Brailee in for her 2 year check up today and I feel overwhelmed I've been given tons of information I am trying to register about stuff I know nothing about. She is healthy and I thank the lord for that she is growing and is in the 5% of her height and weight she is very petite. On the other hand the bad news. It was a normal check up but like in the past I questioned her droopy eye that all of us have thought was normal, the Dr.'s kept telling me it was cuz she favored that side when she was born and laid on that side when she slept. Today they actually did something about it and we found out Brailee can not see out of her left eye. So they sent us to a opthamologist or however you spell it and they dialated her eyes and checked them out and he said sure enough she can not see anything other than a blurr out of it, if she could see that right now. Her right eye is very far sided he said so as of right now we had her fitted for glasses which will be very thick and funny looking im sure, and later they will have to patch her right eye to get the left eye to start working. He said we were "very" lucky to found it now if she would of been older like 8 or so before they found it she very well would never have been able to see out of the left eye cuz I guess the brain shuts down and quits working. The Dr. Is very positive that this will correct itself although she will have to wear glasses the rest of her life or contacts.
Her pediatrician was concerned about a possible tumor behind the eye although he didn't want me to get upset in case it was nothing (which you don't say to me) so we talked about it and I will take her in to get a second opinion just to make sure. I wonder her attitude and crying and screaming could steam from not feeling good they said possible but they can't be sure. They did say her right I is under a lot of stress cuz its doing all the work. So anyway that is all I know as of right now I will keep everyone posted and hope for the best.
P.S. I would post pictures from my wonderful trip down south but Robert has taken my camera to a scout overnighter so when they get home ill put pictures on my blog.

Tina

3 comments:

calittle14 said...

That has to be shocking news to find out. We wish you the very best as you guys work to get things fixed. At least its good news that they think it can be corrected. We'll be thinking and praying for you!

Doug and Michele said...

I am so glad you asked the doctor about it. I know that must have been hard to hear, but I am glad that it will be corrected since you caught it quickly. Don't worry about the glasses, they have come a LONG way and a lifetime of contacts isn't that bad :) Hang in there!

Graves Family said...

THAT IS CRAZY SO GLAD YOU CAUGHT IT WHILE SHE IS YOUNG DOCTORS CAN DO WONDERS THESE DAYS. ALWAYS GOOD TO GET SECOND OPINION TOO. SHE IS ALREADY TWO CRAZY!MY OPINION IF HSE HAS BEEN HAVING FITS AND STUFF AS YOU SAY MAYBE SHE IS FRUSTERATED OR MAYBE GETTING A BIT OF A HEAD ACHE CAUSE HER RIGHT EYE DOING ALL THE WORK. WELL KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND KEEP US POSTED LOVE YA