Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Larsen Family Reunion 2010

This is Grandma and Grandpa Larsen. Last year my "Brother" volunteered our family to do the reunion my grandparents were not too excited about it but we told them they would have lots of help. I volunteered to make the quilt which ive never done before so I had no idea what I was in for but everyone told me I was crazy. After a long summer of getting things ready the reunion turned out GREAT we sure had a good time and even saw some ole cousins I haven't seen in a while.
This is the quilt I choose to make it took me 4 months to get it done. I made it ONLY because I knew how much my grandpa wanted a good ole hand sewn quilt that people don't make anymore they just go out and buy them. I had hopes my grandpa would win it cuz I knew other than me HE was the ONLY one who would appreciate it as much as I did, needless to say after a long stressful day they choose me to draw the name out and I just happened to draw Grandpa's name he was so happy and proud he got a bit teary which in return made me start crying which ended in a big long hug that I'll never forget, it was a blessed moment and made my summer.

Lots of prizes and auction stuff.



We had lots of help!



3 comments:

Graves Family said...

I THINK THAT IS GREAT THAT GRANDPA WON YOUR QUILT SOMEONE WAS ON YOUR SIDE THAT DAY WAY COOL. I KIND OF FORGOT ABOUT THE REUNION BUT PROBABLY WOULDNT HAVE GONE ANYWAYS. WHY DONT YOU POST PICS OF YOU?? GLAD YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WENT TO SUPPORT GRAM AND GRANDPA GLAD SOMEONE DOES :) THANKS FOR POSTING.

Doug and Michele said...

I am so glad the quilt was a success! You worked so hard on it. It's nice to have it appreciated. You are amazing!

Katie said...

That quilt looks amazing. Wanna do me one now ha ha ha...I love the pic of lil Brailee just hangin' she's so darn cute. I miss you guys :(